2.15.2009

Sunday Afternoon

Man, time just seems to travel so fast, it seems like the battle of the BLVD was last night. I need to take a breather. 

So this weekend my girlfriend Kaylee came to visit me at school. We did the normal thing for Valentine's Day, went to dinner, and a movie. The movie was Friday the 13th. Over the years my wise parents would tell us we shouldn't watch these movies, and we always said, "no we'll be fine." I love that as a kid you think you know so much. I realize everyday, that I know less than my parents do, and I will never know as much they do. As I watched the movie (shielding my eyes during all of nudity) I realized almost immediately just how unwholesome it was. I felt awful after I watched it, like I needed to ask for forgiveness (which I probably do ). The problem I know now, why I shouldn't watch those movies. When there isn't anyone around to make sure I'm doing the right thing, it's a lot more important that I don't put myself in situations where I could do something I regret. Moral of the story, no more Friday the 13th. 

Andy

P.s. I'm not trying to be a prude, if you can watch those movies and not be affected, more power to ya, but I can't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment