2.26.2009

Praise

I don't know how many times in my life I underestimate the power of praise. Like today, I really did not want to go to Praise team chapel, I wanted to go to Awakening (where you study a short Bible verse and pray about it). Obviously all my friends wanted to go to Praise chapel, because I didn't. I didn't cause a fuss like I normally do when I don't get my way, I just went. I'm so glad that I did. We sang a couple songs I didn't know very well, because they are new to me, but they were so good. I know we are supposed to Praise God, I just overlook how much it effects me sometimes. I think this verse from Psalms sums it up:

Psalm 9:1,2 
"I will praise you, LORD, with all of my heart; 
I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. 
I will be glad and rejoice in you; 
I will sing the praises of your name, 
O Most High. 

If I went into Praise chapel with this mindset every time, I don't think that I would have a hard time praising God. I'm just glad that today, they made me concentrate, by singing songs I wasn't familiar with. God works, even when I'm not looking. 

A.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment