2.23.2009

Post-Winterfest Stress Disorder

We all know what it is, after every: retreat, youth rally, or any other spiritual high, there is a time that it takes to drop from the top to the bottom. I wish this spiritual high could last forever, that we could truly change our lives after ever youth rally and that we would be forever changed. Realistically there is a time that it takes to get back to the real world. I'm not saying that I don't leave some of these events a changed man (because I feel like this one is going to be life-changing), but there is the time after that's just...blah. I hate it, because after you get home it's like there is a target on your back, like the Devil is waiting to get you. Because there are so many temptations that seem worse when you get home. Your conscience is worse when you do fail, and you feel the need to prove yourself to all of your friends. I want to be real, but it's so much more difficult this time around. I hate this. I wish there was a way to get past this 
"Post-Winterfest-Stress-Disorder."

A.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment