2.25.2009

New Found Hope

Paul says in 1 Corinthians 2:1-5:
"...When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence or human wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God's power."

I was reading this today, and the thought occurred to me; It was obvious. It isn't about how well you say something, you just need to say it. So many times, I am afraid to talk to people about my faith, because I might not say the right thing. These verses give me some assurance that I can squeak out some form of an answer when someone asks me a "God question." The answer may not be right, but regardless, I know that I have people to ask, places to look, and that God will show me a way to answer the question. All I have to do is speak up, which is now the hard part...

Andy 

1 comment:

  1. Nice thoughts. I'm glad you are willing to be vulnerable with people. In our staff meeting Tuesday, we had a little evangelism training from one of our church planters. The thought from our discussion that really inspired me was that evangelism is all about simply illuminating the ways God has already, and inconspicuously, been at work in other people's lives. This takes the pressure off of us to know all the right answers and just listen and see God in another.

    ReplyDelete