2.20.2009

Patience Pickle...

Winterfest. One of the largest gatherings of Church of Christ teens in the world, is this weekend. All packed and ready to go. As I'm sitting here with my good friend Graham, I feel myself become extremely antsy waiting for the rest of our traveling group to get here. I'm getting tense and rude with impatience, when I remembered what we talked about at Hillsboro on Wednesday: Patience. So I'll wait, for us to get there in due time. We might be late, but just as long as I get there, I'm sure God will do great things. I want to be there...

I've never actually written about this, but I have been given a great opportunity to be the intern at the Southwest Church of Christ this summer. That's the reason I'm going to Winterfest this weekend. I'm so excited and nervous to meet the kids this weekend (I call them kids, but I'm really not much older then they are). This is the first time I've ever gone to a church type event for "work." (that's a thought I might explore after Winterfest) Although we might be late, I hope that they will like and accept me as their friend, and allow me to influence them in a positive light. I know that I already love them, and I just hope that they keep their hearts open to hear what God has to say to them. This summer is going to be an adventure, I don't know a soul in the town of Jonesboro, I hope I can make deep spiritual connections all across the board, and plant the seed of God's word there. 

Mix Masta Drew

1 comment:

  1. hey great people in Jonesboro, Southwest is where we went in College, still know people there.

    ReplyDelete