4.01.2009

My Ministry.

I've been spent the last week, reading 1 Thessalonians. And on Wednesday I read the 2nd chapter. The second chapter, is now my basis for ministry. In verse 3 it explains that I don't need to trick anyone into believing in Jesus, they should believe on their own terms. All that I can do, is give them all of the knowledge and wisdom that I have, listen to God, and hope they hear Him. Later in vs. 8 it says they "Because we loved you so much, we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well." This is a huge part for me, I need to share my life with people. And not in the sense of sharing personal stories in lessons, but truly sharing my life with people. Spending time with them, just having fun or doing anything at all. If I want people to see Christ, I have to show Him to them. That's the only way that my ministry will be effective. I know that I will continue to go back to 1 Thessalonians to keep my view of ministry set on God, because we all know that we can lose sight of things over time. I pray everyday that I can live a life that honors God, and hopefully with the help of this book, my ministry will be another part of my life that honors God. 


A.P.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment