6.03.2010

Spirit Led

Last week Gary Neal (preacher at the Levy Church of Christ) brought up some great points that resonated with me for this entire week, and it all keys in on two verses in Galatians. Galatians 5:24,25 “Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives.” The reason this resonates so clearly with me, is that I forget so much that I have the Holy Spirit living in me (whether consciously or not). This passage is just so overlooked in our lives. Everything that we struggle with, every pain, every sin, is nailed to the cross, end of story. Now the great part of this is that God can rescue us from these problems, He is not just an old man who wants to watch us suffer. It’s been a major focus in my spiritual life to let God rescue me from my sinful desires. God loves us, and He wants more than anything for us reach out to Him, and to allow Him to help us. To think that God can’t help us is limiting God (Daniel 6:27); to think that we can overcome ourselves is extreme overconfidence. The message here is simple: the next time that you are tempted, tried, coerced, or pressured, ask for God to rescue you. We know that He will not give us more than we can stand (1 Corinthians 10:13), and we know that “the LORD will fight for you, you need only to be still,” (Exodus 14:14). 

No comments:

Post a Comment