8.26.2009

Inglourious Basterds

"Inglourious Basterds"

I've never been much of a Tarantino fan, so I was hesitant to get my hopes up about this movie. However violence, has always intrigued me. The thought of American-Jews fighting Nazis seemed like a new take on an old theme. Inglourious was actually not set up like I thought it would be; it was set up like a book, in chapter format. Most chapters, were one long scene, in one place, with a few exceptions. There was less action scenes than I expected, however the over-the-top gore that Tarantino is known for, does make an appearance. The story was more complex than I thought, so in that regard the movie overcame expectations. Overall the movie was very entertaining, but way to long.

Score: 80
Bottomline: I recommend this movie, for people who appreciate gore and don't mind language. Not for your average movie goer.

No comments:

Post a Comment